When I opened my own pet sitting business I was on such a tight budget that I taught myself how to design my own website. Soon after, other pet sitters saw it and asked me to design their websites as well. That was in 2001, and I’ve been designing pet business websites ever since, almost exclusively for pet sitters and other pet industry businesses. (Here’s an archive of my pet sitting website, if you’d like to take a look. My design skills have definitely evolved since then!)
In 2003 I launched another website, PetsitUSA, an online pet sitter directory, which I sold in 2012. It was one of the first pet sitter directories and under my ownership, it was one of the most respected and visible websites for people to find pet sitters and dog walkers.
I promoted both websites almost entirely online before the term “social media” came into play.
I enjoy helping small business owners grown their business with effective, eye-appealing websites and social media content. Seeing someone’s business thrive and knowing I had a small part to play is extremely satisifying.
Work with Me!
If you’re interested in working with me to design your WordPress website, design marketing content, let me know! I look forward to hearing from you.
I would be delighted to speak to your group about website design, or social media, especially as it relates to pet businesses. Email me and let me know what you have in mind!
- How to Increase Engagement On Your Facebook Page – National Assn. of Professional Pet Sitters (NAPPS), 2018
- Social Media 101 – CPDT-KA, 2017
- How Pet Sitters Can Use Live Streaming to Boost Business – Pet Sitters International, 2016
- How to Use Live Video for Your Pet Business – National Association of Professional Pet Sitters, November, 2016
- Top Ten Things Your Pet-Sitting Website Must Have to be Most Effective, Pet Sitters Interntional, February, 2015
- How to Develop a Powerful Online Presence with Social Media, Prosperous Pet Business, 2014
- Boost Your Pet Business with Facebook Live! – National Association of Professional Pet Sitters, 2018
- Periscope for Pet Businesses – Texas Pet Sitters Conference, January, 2016
- The Dos and Don’ts of Creating a Pet Sitting Website that Attracts Pet Owners & Helps Build Your Business – Pet Sitters International Conference, September, 2015
- Social Media 101 – Central Texas Mensa, Regional Gathering
- Pet Blogging: Not just a fluffy puppy story – Panelist at SXSW, March, 2008
- The Tricks to Using Twitter – NAPPS Professional Pet Sitter Magazine, Spring 2017
- Social Media That Works – ContentCal, August, 2017
- Get Started with Facebook Live – National Association of Professional Pet Sitters, October, 2016
- The Why and How to Use Periscope – National Association of Professional Pet Sitters, June, 2016
- Dialing In Your Website to be Mobile-Device Freiendly – National Association of Professional Pet Sitters, December, 2015
- Ask the Sight Hound, Monthly Column in Austin Pets Directory, 2003-2011
- Prescription: Pets – DateMyPet.com
- Finding a a Pet Sitter – DateMyPet.com
Mentions / Source
- Pets on Periscope #petloverstribe – She Owns It, November, 2015
- Family crisis, family pets / How to make sure the dogs get walked and the cats get fed when personal catastrophe strikes – SFGate, July, 2009
Founder of PetsitUSA – sold in 2012
- Owner / Instructor at Austin Pet First Aid, Jun 2007 – Oct 2011
- Owner / Pet Sitter at LucyGirl Pet Sitting, Sep 2001 – Sep 2011
- Planning Team Member, CSU Pet Sitters Conference – 2006-2008